Customer experience is a key factor that should be nurtured by all business owners. This guide explains what customer experience is and the role it plays in the success of your brand.
What is customer experience?
Customer experience is the overall brand perception held by your customers. It is an accumulation of every touchpoint they have experienced with your company – from navigating your website, to visiting your physical storefront, or to interacting with your customer service staff.
The easiest way to define customer experience is to think of it as the overall experience your customers have with your brand; the full picture.
What’s the difference between customer experience and customer service?
It’s important not to confuse customer experience with customer service because whilst customer service is a key part of the customer experience, it’s not where it begins and ends.
Customer experience is the holistic experience of interacting with your brand, while customer service is specifically how your staff interact with your customers.
Why is customer experience important?
There are many benefits of creating a great experience for your customers, including:
- More repeat customers The better the experience you provide customers with, the more likely they are to come back again. Because the cost of acquiring each customer can be so high, this is essential to keeping your sales and marketing costs down.
- Word of mouth If a customer has a great experience when purchasing your products or services, there’s a stronger likelihood that they will recommend you in a conversation. Because of this, providing a strong customer experience is one of the most powerful marketing tools in a business owner’s arsenal.
- Reduce complaints and negative reviews If you invest the time and budget into strengthening your customer experience to the highest standard, you’ll reap the rewards of receiving very few negative reviews. This is another powerful marketing tool.
In a nutshell…
- Customer experience and customer service are two different things
- Done right, it equips a business with beneficial marketing tools
- The customer experience is the overall perception of your brand, from start to finish